Monday, March 18, 2013

Those Shocking Shaking Days

  70's Indonesian compilation, all influenced by Western sounds.  Most of this three record set just sounds like passable variations of Can, and there were a couple real surprises ... otherwise ... let's face it ... the only reason I bought this record was to save on shipping because I was dying to get myself a copy of Trout Mask Replica, which was a complete disappointment.  It sounded like the insane ramblings of a madman, schizophrenia on vinyl, four goddamn sides of bee doo boop boop, rah la la la, bing, bang, skweek bah doo beh deh bah doo beh dah ... you get the point.  How in the f*ck did they rehearse this sh*t twelve hour a day for months?  No wonder Beefheart had to torture and brainwash them to play this crap.  Even the entire next day I was in this Trout Mask fog, not entirely sure what the hell I just put myself through, confused as to why this album is so highly acclaimed and sought after ... all and all I feel cheated -- I want my 32 bux back ... but this comp was pretty good!

No comments: