Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Valadiers -- I Found A Girl/ You'll Be Sorry Someday 45'

  The first official all-white vocal group recorded by the Motown think tank.  Story goes ... these boys waltz into the Soul city studio to audition for Berry Gordy, he must have been pretty impressed because he signed four whities!  Now do these pale riders compare to their colored Soul struttin' contemporaries, not even close!!  The Valadiers are a cute Doo Wop vocal act, but they aren't really Motown material, maybe Gordy was trying to diversify, widen or whiten his audience.  I like how the numbers seem to have a theme, first it's I Found A Girl and by the time it came to record the B-side it's You'll Be Sorry Someday, he was already bitter as hell, all I kept thinking was, "gee that was fast."  But I can't judge too harshly, I've had a couple of those myself!  

No comments: