Monday, March 5, 2012

The First Authentic 1950's Rock 'n' Roll Collection

  This bizzaro comp is all about the Doo Wop, there are a couple staple Rock 'n' Roll tunes, but otherwise it's the best Doo Wop comprehensive I've ever seen!  I bought this sucker on E-bay, for what I thought was a nice price ... then as we were listening to it, my girlfriend decides to do some research, because I failed to find anything and her google skills are way better than mine ... anyway we found out that my three record set is suppose to be a four record set, now I did try to rationalize, because each side has ten songs and the missing fourth record has only six songs each side, maybe it was a first press?  But noooooo, that wasn't the case at all, the tracks are all displayed right there on the cover, you can clearly see there are twelve songs missing.  Those limey bastards charged me full pop for an incomplete box set.  I have just e-mailed the seller informing them of what they sold me, with my proof that there is one entire record missing, and now as I write this blog I pathetically stare at my inbox tab waiting for a one to appear hoping they rectify this annoying situation ... otherwise this box set kills!  I love it!

UPDATE!!!!:  I take back the limey bastards comment, other than the fact that it sounds cool!  They gave me 15 bux off my next purchase, and I get to keep it!  Everybody wins!  Anyone got record 4??  I'll give you 15 dollars!!

1 comment:

Jon said...

Isn't the internet fun? Great story, budzzz. Keep 'em coming.