Thursday, January 5, 2012

Richard Hell & The Voidoids -- Blank Generation


  I found this record in a flea market, the owner of the place was always looking out for some kind of detail that would make anything that much more expensive ... so there it was unwrapped in a radio station's old collection, in a spot that I was told not to look, I knew the bastard would have ripped me off if he saw where I was standing and knew that the album was still in the plastic ... so I changed positions to where the regular crap was ... I quickly and silently took the wrapping off and stuffed it between a couple Charlie Pride records, then made my way towards the white haired penguin to make my deal.  The guy had no idea what he was looking at, I could see in his beady little eyes that he was looking for some detail that would scream valuable to him, but he didn't know squat, the odds were in my favor, and I was right ... the cheeky bastard let it go for a fiver, man was I relieved, I would have paid 20 bones for that goddamn thing, instead I practically stole it from him.

  Funny footnote: I used to think that Love Comes In Spurts, was Love Bombs In Space, listen to it, it's there, I can still hear 'em say it to this day ...

No comments: