Thursday, September 1, 2011

Guns And Roses -- Appetite for Destruction

  Uh oh I'm probably gonna get in some trouble here, but I f*ckin' hate Guns and Roses, their glorification of white trash culture drives me batty!!!  Not that this record doesn't have a nostalgically endearing quality to it,  in a sorta  there's a time and  a place kinda way, but the array of skinning the dead cat continuous album releases just irritates my nerves.  For what it is I do find that Sweet Child O' Mine is a pretty good song, the hooks are unforgettable, and the main riff, they must have known, is worth a million bux.  I could just imagine the band rehearsing, and teasing their hair, hearing it for the first time, they all look at each other thinking cha-ching ... all of a sudden they're sent into the stratosphere of popularity.  If Appetite for Destruction was released without Sweet Child O' Mine, I am certain, as they are sh*tty, they'd have a fraction of their fan base.  The only reason this bad boy survives in my record collection is because the inlay sleeve features the original album artwork by Robert Williams, which was way too risqué for mass release, but the painting's cool, thumbs up to GNR for having good taste in art, otherwise I'd give this album to my dog so he could sooth his Appetite for Destruction!!!  

No comments: